We know that many people experience fear or anxiety about visiting the dentist! Unfortunately, they put their dental treatment off until their problems worsen and have to be dealt with! At Peace Periodontics, our goal is to alleviate your fears and anxiety of dental treatment by offering anxious patients the option of Sedation Dentistry.
Are you the right Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
You are a good candidate for Sedation Dentistry if you experience any of the following:
- Fear or anxiety at the thought of going to the dentist
- Difficulty sitting or staying still for extended periods
- Difficulty getting numb or staying numb
- Afraid of needles
If you experience any of the above, you may be a candidate for sedation dentistry.
What are the benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry offers many benefits. Lengthy procedures (appointments that take more than an hour to perform) may seem to last for only a few minutes for the patient when under sedation. Furthermore, you may be able to undergo more treatments per visit while sedated, thus reducing the total number of visits required.
More importantly, sedation dentistry can allow patients to regain confidence in themselves because the anxieties that would normally be present are kept under control throughout the painless visit.
What are the Different Types of Sedation?
Oral Sedation: Another very common technique for sedation is oral sedation. There are no needles involved, and it is very easy. You will be given a prescription for a pill to take about an hour before your appointment. Before your procedure begins, you will be fully relaxed and at ease. Again, we highly recommend that you do not try to drive yourself or walk by yourself to or from your appointment. You will be disoriented and should not operate a vehicle. Oral sedation normally lasts for a few hours, so you may still be disoriented following your appointment. Please have a driver bring you to your appointment and take you home afterward.
- Safe and Reliable: You will not be unconscious, but will merely be in a deeply relaxed state. No intravenous tubes or needles are required.
- Pain-Free Dentistry: You will feel no pain while in the dental chair, and you will have little to no memory of the experience.
- Complex Dental Treatments can be Completed in Just One Visit: You can have crowns or bridges replaced, veneers cemented, numerous fillings done, a professional cleaning completed with our hygienist, or numerous teeth extracted; all while you remain comfortably relaxed.
To learn more about your Sedation Dentistry options, we invite you to contact Peace Periodontics to schedule a consultation appointment.
Featured Periodontal Services
|Monday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday:||8:00 am – 2:00 pm|
& Statutory Holidays: