Research has shown there may be a link between oral disease and other health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke, as well as pre-term and low-birth-weight babies. Researchers are just beginning to now understand this link, but the evidence is mounting that having a healthy mouth is an important part of leading a healthy life. Professional Teeth Cleaning is an integral part of your oral health and wellness.
Teeth Cleaning is Key to Reducing The Risk Of Oral Disease
- Maintain good oral hygiene. Brush and floss regularly. Eat a well-balanced diet and avoid excess sugar.
- Check your gums. Look for red, shiny, puffy, sore or sensitive gums; bleeding when you brush and floss; bad breath that won’t go away.
- Don’t smoke. If you smoke, talk to your dentist today about how tobacco is affecting your oral health and appearance. Tobacco is a major cause of tooth loss through gum disease. Smoking can lead to serious problems like oral cancer.
- See your dentist regularly. Regular check-ups and professional cleanings are the best way to prevent problems and unnecessary expense. Don’t wait until it hurts!
Your Dental Hygiene and You!
Peace Periodontics has the expertise to identify and address all your oral health needs.
We are committed to focusing on your dental hygiene and overall oral health. This means decreasing inflammation through periodontal dentistry and teeth cleaning. When you have active periodontal disease, routine home maintenance, dental hygiene and teeth cleaning is not enough as it generally focuses on areas of the tooth that are above the gum-line.
A regular scaling and root planing procedure removes plaque, tartar (calculus) and bacterial toxins (biofilms) from tooth surfaces below the gum line.
That is why at Peace Periodontics, we make sure that you are on a twice-per-year frequency of maintenance and/or preventative care schedule. And for some people, the frequency between visits needs to increase to suit their individual oral health needs.
To find appointment times that fit with your busy and active lifestyle, most of our clients prefer to pre-schedule their next visit. For your convenience, we will remind you of your upcoming appointments with us with either a phone call or by e-mail notification.
To learn more about Professional Deep Teeth Cleaning, we invite you to contact Peace Periodontics to schedule a consultation appointment.
Follow Up Appointments May Include:
- Taking digital x-rays to check jawbone levels
- Measuring the depth of periodontal pockets
- Checking for loose teeth or bleeding gums
- Removing plaque or tartar above and below the gum line
- Talking with you about the effectiveness of your home care
- Oral cancer screening and checking the tissues of the head and neck
- Regular periodontal and preventative maintenance visits help us break the stronghold of bacteria in your gums and slow or eliminate their destructive effects.
Regular removal of tartar (calculus) and bacteria (biofilms) are crucial to treating gingivitis, controlling periodontal disease and preventing tooth decay. How do we accomplish this?
Our Dental Team is committed to providing you with periodontal procedures, including teeth cleaning, to restore and maintain your dental health. If you are interested in a deep teeth cleaning, we invite you to contact us for a consultation appointment.
Featured Periodontal Services
|Monday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Thursday:||8:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Friday:||8:00 am – 2:00 pm|
& Statutory Holidays: